Assessments for
children and adults

Assessments across the New Forest, Hampshire, Dorset and the Isle of Wight.

If you have dyslexia or another specific learning difficulty (SpLD), your problems can go way beyond reading, writing and spelling. You might struggle with organisation, with sequencing your thoughts or ideas, with maths or coordination. Your eyes might feel strained a lot of the time, or you might struggle to concentrate.

I am here to help.

I'm Jenny and I'm qualified to assess people for dyslexia and other SpLDs, and to teach you skills and strategies to work with your learning difficulties.

Before training as a dyslexia assessor I was a primary school teacher, teaching ages 3-11. And before that I worked in universities and outside education in the public and private sector. This has given me a wide range of ways to relate to people's situations.

Kindness is central to what I do, and I love guiding people to find their strengths, work on their weaknesses and to improve their confidence and self-esteem.

Find out about dyslexia assessments

Jenny Bowyer

A parent writes...

“I am so pleased that I chose Jenny to assess my son for dyslexia. Jenny was friendly, encouraging and patient with my son. She works from an office at home which I think creates a welcoming assessment environment for a child. My son emerged from the assessment relaxed and happy. I was very impressed by how quickly I received confirmation from Jenny that my son has dyslexia and a detailed professional report with recommendations how to support his learning.

“Since the assessment my son has been able to access appropriate support at school and he has gained a better understanding of his learning needs. I would highly recommend Jenny to anyone considering a dyslexia assessment.

— SE, Bournemouth

Student support

If you're a university student or heading off to university, I work with students at local universities to provide them with skills and strategies to succeed in their chosen subject. Contact your university's Student Support Service to see if you need an assessment to apply for the DSA, which I can provide.